There is something incredible taking place across Northwest Arkansas in our local public schools. With a partnership at Compassion NWA and Chic-Fil-A we have begun an exciting work called Connect Clubs. These “Connect Clubs” are after school clubs that meet in public elementary and middle schools across NWA. The program is based off of character traits taught every Sunday morning that reinforces the character education being taught in our local schools. We incorporate Bible stories, high-energy music, memory verses, snacks, and much more.
We have also partnered with the schools to teach these character traits in school assemblies. These assemblies reach over 2000 students a month and in order for us to reach all of NWA we are looking for you to join in this great work. You may be a business professional, a parent, a college student, a high school student, or you may even be retired. No matter what season of life you are in you have the opportunity to impact the lives of the next generation. We would love for you to join the team! All it takes is one hour a week for an 8-10 week semester to change the direction of a child’s life.
- Team Leader – Responsible for keeping attendance, permission slips, and other administrative duties.
- Bible Story Teacher – Prepares and delivers weekly Bible story
- Missionary Story Leader – Reads or tells weekly missionary story
- Game Leader – Leads a Weekly Review Game
- Snack Person(s) – Hands out Snacks
- Verse Teacher – Teaches weekly Bible verse
- Support(s) – Supports all other roles by building relationships with children, listening to Bible verses, and assisting with discipline.